08 December 2012

Purged

This morning I broke down and cleaned the last of Harrison's 3t clothes (they fit but the pants are definitely too short and shirts are a but small) and Carter's 9 month clothes (ha!! like she can wear those) out of their dressers. Some thoughts on this endeavor:

1) Heidi thank you thank you for all of the hand me downs from your sister that have been the majority of Harrison's clothes for the last 2 years. Huge blessing.
2) I wanted to get rid of Carter's 12 month stuff too but that would leave her with one outfit, Harrison's old Jammies, and 3 pairs of Harrison old pants. How does this girl grow so fast??? In the future I will make it my goal in life to throw baby showers for women (like me) having a second different gendered kid who insist they don't need a shower (you do!!! Trust me!!!)
3) advice to new parents: buy dark colored clothing-- the light stuff gets ruined SO much easier.
4) as much as you think you don't want to buy too many baby clothes because they grow out of them too fast, the desire for a cute child and to not be doing laundry constantly will probably win out. I'm learning to accept this.

All for now :)

No comments: