27 January 2013

Cold Weather

The DC area decided to have temps in the 20s last week. THE TWENTIES (which means 16 degrees early in the morning). For some reason (I guess our mild winter last year and my general ineptitude), I forgot it ever got that cold.  But it does. I will always be an Arizona girl at heart and I'm not equipped for what below freezing means. When I throw on shoes with no socks and grab my coat and head to work and realize I need: Socks, a scarf, maybe gloves?? ear muffs? one of those floor length lookin puffy coats??? Who knows. All I know is that people give me weird looks in the office for wearing short sleeves in winter. I don't really OWN long sleeve shirts (or at least not many). sheesh. Anyway. We did get a little snow which of course was fun. And we have time for fun indoor activities when it's cold out.....
 Harrison practices his photog skills
 Built houses for stuffed animals out of Harrison's book collection.
 More picture practice
 kitchen rides
 Kermie is SO photogenic
And played on the mini trampoline harrison got for his birthday. Best gift ever. Sure it takes our living room from "slightly overtaken by kids" to "do adults live here at all?"  But harrison jumps a lot, gets out energy when he can't go outside and play, and it's really too small for both of us to jump on. BAM. Independent play-time, a mother's dream come true :)

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

Our neighbor has one of those trampolines and we love it!!! Your kiddos don't seem to mind having to stay inside at all. :)