19 February 2013

Taking the plunge

I'm a little hesitant to post this since this doesn't really feel real yet but oh well.  As of last night we are officially under contract to buy a HOUSE! YAY!!! We close on March 23rd. Houses out here in our price range go super fast and I saw one I liked a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think too seriously about because it was just above what we could afford. Then last week it was reduced 10k and my realtor called the listing agent and said they'd drop it down another 10k.  We knew it would go quickly at the lower price so we jumped on it and made an offer which was accepted. Now I need to somehow believe a bank is going to actually lend us a whole freaking lot of money and everything is going to work out and we're moving in like six weeks. WHAT??? In any case. I've given our landlord notice so we're moving here or somewhere else pretty dang soon. Let's start packing :) here's to having your own little piece of the American dream, right?

West Springfield here we come.

 living room
 deck made of fake deck stuff that doesn't have to be maintained (sellout? maybe but who has time to re-stain your deck every few years)
 Front view in springtime. YAY for front porches and brick boxes to plant things in! Oh yeah, and grass!

 kitchen--gas stove and much larger than what I'm used to.
 Dining room. Now I just need to refinish my table so it will look pretty in here.
a place for the toys in the basement




8 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

Totally jealous!!! I LOVE THAT HOUSE!!! Congratulations Amber! SOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!!!!

betsey said...

So beautiful! We are so thrilled for you and Cory! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures of how you make this place your own. I can already see Carter and Harrison loving that backyard. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

rachel said...

I love it!! Congratulations to your family!! Love the basement. Good times to be had down there!

ajehz and m said...

Yahoo!!!!! It's beautiful!!!!!

Yvonne said...

That is a beautiful house! Can't wait to see it! Good luck on the loan.

Lirpa said...

It looks WONDERFUL! Hope everything goes smoothly! Love ya!!!

Sheila said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! YAY AMBER!! What a beautiful home!! I love it! Wow, I hope all goes well, I'm sure it will it sounds like it's all falling into place perfectly! I'm so happy for you guys! LOOOOOOVE THE BASEMENT!!!

Taci Merkley said...

An awesome place for the next Thanksgivmas EVE!! :)