27 January 2016

Harrison is SEVEN!!!

It's crazy to me that my little baby is a seven year old! We had a super fun birthday this year.  Since I've been working mostly full time I kept things SUPER simple. Which was amazing.  On the actual birthday we went to Target after school and I let Harrison pick out anything he wanted for a birthday gift. He chose a $12 magic kit which was actually pretty cool (and cheap :)).  Then later that night we went to red robin for dinner at his request.  I've always done friends parties for Harrison but after last year's 30 kids in my house I opted for an outside location party. We chose classic fun center which has a skating rink/bounce houses/ a place to shoot foam balls at each other/ and a huge climbing structure.  We invited eight other kids and had two hours of crazy active fun.  Plus a costco cake and pizza. Minimal planning, no mess, SO much fun. And I think I probably spent half the money I usually do. WIN WIN!!!!

Harrison is still a sweet, sensitive, social awesome kid. He loves to read and loves learning Chinese at school.  He is also really good at math and drawing.  He's played soccer (lots) but also tried flag football, basketball (right now), and probably will do baseball in a couple of months.  Basketball is definitely harder for him but I think it's good not to always be the best one on the team, right? He works hard and has lots of friends, favorites being Garrett (our next door neighbor), Oscar (from church), and probably Jack (from school), plus Emmaline and Hazel of course.  He LOVES playing with Jefferson and chasing him all over the house and making him laugh.  He sometimes plays with Carter but more often than not just drives her crazy, like a good big brother I suppose. We love you Harrison!!!! Happy 7!!!!!!!

 enjoying the free red robin sundae. Did I mention that our other birthday activity was getting all three kids haircuts :)
 cutest baby bro ever
 party kids: Garrett, Jack, Max, Bryson, Harrison, and Oscar
 The party girls: Carter and Emmaline
 Taking a pizza break

Harirson and his good friend Jonah. Thanks to a fantastic twist of fate they have been at each other's birthday parties since they both turned TWO! We love Jonah and his whole family and are happy we lived in the same area in VA (TWICE) and now both live in Utah

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So fun! I'm all about the easy peasy birthdays. The kids get excited either way. Can't believe he is seven!