29 October 2008

political stuff that distracted me during evidence this morning

I just had to share a couple of articles that I came across today. The first one deals with tax policy--while it would be nice if Obama actually only taxed those making more then $250,000 a year and gave a tax cut to 95% of americans like he likes to promise (although the 95% thing doesn't make a lot of sense because a big percentage of americans don't pay taxes...how can you give a cut to those who don't pay??? I know we've got the EITC which I've heard he wants to increase but that should not be considered a tax cut in any sense of the word) with all of the things he wants to spend money on I can't help but wonder if it's gonna end up hitting the middle class even if you reject the whole "trickle down economics" thing....

http://online.wsj.com/wsjgate?subURI=%2Farticle%2FSB122523819032678157-email.html&nonsubURI=%2Farticle_email%2FSB122523819032678157-lMyQjAxMDI4MjI1OTIyMzk4Wj.html

The second article just sums up some of my frustrations about the recent political climate...and one of the reasons the inevitable will probably happen next tuesday.
http://greensboro.rhinotimes.com/orson.10.09.08.html

3 comments:

browneyedgirl said...

I liked the second one article.

betsey said...

Hey, Thinking about you yesterday my smart, cute Republican friend. I love you and hope the day wasn't all that bad for you :)

Seriously though, I do hope that you read/watched Obama's acceptance speech. I thought that it was amazing. I was moved. I think that it is one of his great qualities as a leader to speak and build hope and unity in this country. It made me happy.

Unknown said...

I think I already commented to this extent on your blog but I did watch the speech and I agree it was great--I don't know if I was moved...but certainly close...and I thought McCain was very gracious and serves as an example of how as Americans need to respect the office of the presidency and the fact that the people have spoken. You spoke. You want Obama. YAY for you :) I just hope the R's retake control before I get a real job and get hit with ridiculous taxes and that Obama puts in place some kind of massive burreaucratic student loan payoff program from which I can benefit!!!