20 July 2009

A quick deviation from the essay I'm writing

yesterday in sharing time our primary president made snickerdoodles for the kids as part of her lesson. Somehow I ended up NOT getting a cookie for myself (because the girl in my class sitting next to me didn't take one, she's a little less aggressive about cookies apparently, and I gave it to her....before I knew it the cookies were put away and I had none..I could have asked for my cookie but what kid of primary teacher does that right??)

ANYWAY---I was pretty bummed about not getting my snickerdoodle so after church I decided to make some. (when I get something in my head, particularly if its food, I just have to have it..I'm an advertiser's dream apparently). I found this recipe and was surprised at how awesome it turned out for such a spur of the moment cooking session YUM YUM YUM!! the perfect snickerdoodle..ENJOY!!!

(oh yeah and I used half shortening and half butter)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Snickerdoodles-V/Detail.aspx

4 comments:

Angela said...

Mmmmmm, Snickerdooles. Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this recipe. They're Christian's favorite.

Unknown said...

aren't you supposed to be having a baby right now?? thanks for the comment GOOD LUCK!!! :)

Heidi Miller said...

Ummmm, Thanks. Now I must have snickerdoodles. YUM! Btw, can you send me the picture you took at BJs of all of us?! PLEASE?!

Sheila said...

Amber, I cannot stop thinking about you...have you taken the BAR yet?? I need to know when to start praying for you all day for a couple of days! Wati, actually I'm assuming you have already taken it seeing that it is July 30th today, and in that case...congrats on being done, and good luck. I'll pray for a miracle!! (not that you need a miracle, I'm sure you did AWESOME!!!)