29 June 2011

Goings on



SO....First we went to Utah so Cory's sister Lindsay could marry Tanh Nguyen and go live a crazy life in vietnam soon. Harrison had some apple juice on the airplane.
New favorite family self-portrait

After being chased around temple square by Lindsay's kind friends, Harrison decided he needed to drive the rental car-- (a ford flex....aka pretty cool big silver box)

before the luncheon we drove around the capitol and I told Harrison all about how the utah legislature works and how his mommy worked there for a few blessed months in 2002

Apparently he found Utah politics boring ...

Harrison and his new uncle quickly became BFFs at over sandwiches and giant cookies at the Blue Lemon
Tahn's making a mental note to tell Lindsay they should definitely wait awhile before having kids....

After a few FANTASTIC hours in Mapleton with our favorite Utah Wheeler's (which unfortunately were way too much fun to document) we went to the reception in Alpine. Which was great!! Cory and I got to actually enjoy some cheesecake and talk to family members...Harrison stayed on this trampoline literally the WHOLE TIME (like 2 hours)...first he jumped with daddy

Then he made friends with some random young single adult types

and then of course kids got involved....

and the whole time I sat happily watching from my chair...we need to get one of these things STAT

The next morning we left Harrison with his loving O'Ma and O'Pa for a week of fishing, parks, water fun, airplane museum, charming family members, petting zoo, and generally getting doted on while exhibiting perfect behavior (right??) So we could board the Norweigan Sky out of Miami for 4 nights in the BAHAMAS . It was great!! We swam, beached, snorkeled, kayaked, conversed without distraction, ate lots of food. BLISS!!!

I tried to upload some pics but photobucket is giving me issues so for now, see facebook :)

Now that we're back I've been busy putting off moving...

Monday I made Rachael Ray's mozerella stuffed spaghetti and meatballs. Harrison approved.



And then yesterday Harrison and I made awesome cookies



Seriously YUMMY...I improvised the recipe from a few I've stumbled on lately.... here goes from memory:

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
salt
1 cup ish oatmeal
1/2 cup ish chopped pecans
1/2 cup ish toasted coconut (and watch it while toasting...TRICKY)
1 bag chocolate chips
bake at 350 for about 8 min
YUM YUM YUM
I made them to give to my visiting teachers (oops..yesterday is the last day of the month ALREADY) and mail as a b-day gift, but I'm thinking either someone will get slighted or I need to make some more :)


5 comments:

Angela said...

sounds like a fun trip! and those trampolines look like fun... might need to get one of those to put all my kids on too! ha You seem like such the chef! I want to visit you someday and have you make one of these yummy recipes you're always sharing! I guess I could try them out myself, but food is always better when someone else makes it for you! =)

Unknown said...

Come visit! I'll cook for you ALL DAY :)

Sheila said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! AWESOME! This all is just so much fun Amber, and I'm SO JEALOUS!!! I LOVE the new fam. portrait, and could def. appreciate the part about the cruise where you enjoyed uninterrupted conversation!! (my envy is growing..) and I literally laughed out loud when I saw the pic of Harrison after the Utah politics talk...bahahahahaaa, I knew we'd get along Monkey!!! XOXOXOXO Auntie Sheila Loves You!!!

rachel said...

That all sounds like a little piece of heaven!! Have you bought fun pink stuff yet?? I just have to know. Harrison is so stinkin' studly in a sweater vest. We love us a sweater vest around here.Happy vacation!

ajehz and m said...

I want a trampoline too!! E loves the neigbors' and I feel lame taking her over there EVERY day....i am making those cookies p.s.