25 August 2012

Remember that time...

I thought it would be an awesome idea to celebrate my birthday by getting 1/2 priced tickets to take Harrison to the Nationals v. Braves baseball game??? And then I thought we'd meet cory down there and me and the little guy would take the metro.  And then I went to the WRONG STADIUM because I   didn't realize the Nats have had their own field for like THREE YEARS. Because I'm such a huge baseball fan.....

Well, that was last week. And luckily there was a one hour rain delay and the game started just when Harrison and I finally made it.  I guess the kid has better get used to "adventures" with a mommy like me :)

Oh well.

 On they way. Totally should have listened to those other people who switched to the green line at L'enfant Plaza.
 The field!!!!
 Honestly, Harrison wouldn't really watch the game until it was super late and he was exhausted. He mostly loved "walking around" with one of us and running up and down the rants from the lower level all the way up to the top.  We did find a nice man who gave us a free hat :)
 Family shot. Donate blood.
 H man got a little crazy waiting for the train at like 11 p.m.




 And maybe I did too...


We got home way later than expected (although we only stayed until about the 7th inning...the game went into extra innings and the nats did win albeit not until after midnight) and were pretty exhausted. Somehow "fun" things are never as fun as I imagine but they are still worth it with little kids, right???

1 comment:

Jen Perkins said...

Oh, Amber...stories like this one are one of the many reasons I love you! Fun pics. And there's one in there of Harrison where he looks exactly like Cory...I've never thought he looked that much like Cory before but I definitely see it!