08 October 2009

NINE MONTHS!!!

Today I took Harrison to his nine month checkup and he is doing awesome!! He is 27 inches and 20 pounds!!! Since he's always been such a shorty pants I was a little worried we'd be off the height charts (at six months he was third percentile) but he actually jumped up to 10th. Hey, I'll take it! I talked to the doctor about his lack of height despite ginormous parents and she said really not to be worried. Oftentimes with babies they can be short as infants and tall as adults or vice versa. Typically you should take the mom's height (for a boy) and add 6 inches and average with dad's height. This puts Harrison at 6'3 1/2 --so there's hope yet!! (I feel placated anyway).

Here are some of Harrison's fun 9 month things to do
--scoot himself ALL over the place--and fast. Especially if he sees something he wants, in which case the scoot is accompanied by excited panting.
--go from sitting to crawling to sitting again
--pull himself up on things-he tries to climb the stairs, tries to climb into cupboards and on shelves, in his crib etc etc etc. So far it's just up to his knees or occasionally he's on hands and feet with his butt up in the air :)
--roll over and grab the wall while getting his diaper changed. And he screams when I make him stay still......apparently getting out of a poopy diaper is SO not worth it.
-hunt down cords wherever they may be in our house (which is surprisingly a LOT of places) -he LOVES cords--right in the mouth they go.
-sneak into the bathroom, sit on the floor and open and close the door, or dump the garbage can over..sheesh!!
-chase the cat all over the house or stare at her out the window. If Harrison gets close enough he pulls out clumps of hair. She hasn't attacked yet but I don't know how much longer she can take the abuse.
--ride on mommy and daddy's shoulders--and grab their hair TIGHTLY like reins
--laugh his head off if you stick your tongue out at him. Daddy's tongue is PARTICULARLY hilarious.
--smile at EVERYONE who catches his eye. Particularly little kids. And the freak outs with new people are becoming less and less frequent. He even loves Lisa's dogs now!!!
--drool all over the place because he's teething like crazy--he has two teeth on the bottom and I'm sure more are coming soon.
--play with BIG things. If it's a toy it is sort of a amusing. If it's bigger than him, he wants to grab it and play with it.

Harrison is just such a sweet baby. I love him being mobile because he is SO much better at amusing himself (despite me having to keep constant watch of him). I can't believe he's NINE MONTHS old!! Time sure flies by but it just seems to keep getting better and better!!!
Here are some fun recent pics











6 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

He just gets cuter and cuter! My how time flies!!!

rachel said...

What a sweetie pie! He has those awesome blue eyes. Mobile is such a nutty stage. I love it and dread it all at the same time. He looks like he's having a good time though!

Sheila said...

I love the Diet Coke box picture...startin em kinda young aren't we??? (wink) He's so cute Amber, I can't get enough of him!!!

Shalise said...

Man he is cute-seems like the happiest baby-those pics make me miss you guys. And we would have had all this unemployed time to hang out.

Erin Mindes said...

So cute! I'm glad you're enjoying motherhood!

Shaun and Kelli said...

oh he's so cute! What is it with those cords eh? I swear Michael is the same way, it's like they have some sort of "electronic radar" that sends them wherever the plugs, cords, outlets, remotes, you name it are around the house. Haha, I LOVE the diet coke box, perfectly appropriate I would say. Haha. He'll be walking before you know it! Can't believe our boys are turning 1 in just a few months. This year went by way too fast!!! Congrats about the bar! WOOHOO!!! Celebrate! LOVE YOU!