20 November 2009

Ten Things I love About Having a Ten Month Old

Harrison is just SO much fun lately!!! I'd thought I'd list some of the things he's doing now that make me so happy :)

1. He wants to be held. Today we were grocery shopping and he got pretty tired so he was grabbing at me and whining because he wanted me to hold him. It's novel right now so I love it.
2. He can get around. He's pretty good at regular crawling but then sometimes he'll go back to the army crawl. And he's getting better and better and climbing on things and leaning against them to get from place to place. And he is loving the walker more and more. Except when he runs it into something and can't figure out how to back up. It's super cute.
3. He loves new things. It's SO much fun to see all of the new things he learns and discovers on a daily basis. Everything is so exciting and he's so curious.
4. He eats everything. We're trying to transition away from baby food to some regular foods. He pretty much loves everything. It's fun introducing him to new things and seeing the shocked look on his face when he tries something weird to him.
5. Talking. I LOVE his talking voice. When he's saying something to himself we can't understand. It's the best when it's a whisper.
6. He imitates me. I make weird noises, he makes weird noises. I sing, he sings--yesterday I sware he was trying to make the duck sound on my ringtone.
7. He makes this adorable happy grunting noise when he's happy or satisfied. SO CUTE.
8. He's a genius. He's figured out how to put the right shapes in the right holes in his toys. Must take after his daddy :)
9. He loves to be thrown up in the air, tossed around, danced with, etc. I can always make him smile and laugh.
10. When I put socks on him, he pulls them off and puts them in his mouth and starts running around. It's hilarious.

I know the days that Harrison and I get to hang out like this are numbered. I'm so grateful for all of the fun we get to have together and that I get to be his mom.

And here are some fun random pictures from my phone.








3 comments:

rachel said...

These are so cute! I love when they do things that show their little personality. He seems right to be right on track with those darling blue eye!

Sheila said...

Amber, I KNEW that you would be THE BEST and most FUN mom!! I appreciate all the things that you notice about being a mom. Too many moms complain about all the crap they have to do and it's SO LAME!! HELLO?!! We are SO lucky to get to hang out and see the world all over again with these sweet little kids. I LOVE YOU! I can just picture you throwing Harrison and making him laugh. And him taking off his socks and running around...and your duck ring tone!! lol


***As a side note, cute necklace in that pic with Monkey on your shoulders!
***And of course the guitar one...sigh, so CUTE!

Shalise said...

It seems like these babies just become more fun every day. Loved hearing about all he is up to.