24 November 2009

Thanksgiving round one and a trip to the park

Harrison plays around with uncle Aaron

We celebrated Thanksgiving last Sunday with my mom and Larry and Larry's son Kevin and his wife Candace and there kids. It was way fun. I made pumpkin cheesecake and cranberry sausage stuffing which were huge hits and a blackberry peach pie that was just a bit on the watery side. Oh well. Next time wait until the peaches are defrosted before putting them in the pie. Harrison had a great time playing with the kids and eating turkey and stuffing from the comfort of his stroller. Since we now have Thanksgiving day free we decided (knock on wood) to take Harrison on his first road trip to Utah to spend the holiday with Cory's family. Pictures forthcoming...hopefully not all of Harrison screaming from the back seat.

Jonathan would slap the exercise ball while Harrison stood against it. Harrison found this to be SO much fun.

The big table
Yum Yum turkey!

Today Harrison and I celebrated the beautiful 70 degree weather by going to Chaparral park. I had some dried bread left over from stuffing and I thought it would be fun to feed the ducks.

Birds!!!!

Look mom, birds!!!

I'm just going to go get some birds

Grass is fun!!!

Ducks and birds were attacking us. The birds would snatch the ducks bread right out of the air. It was pretty impressive.


Enjoying the wildlife

I don't know if you can tell in this pic but his 12 m pants are a bit big. Saggy pants already!!!!
And of course--the swings!! Harrison loves swinging. The picture doesn't really show his joy, I'm working on posting a video :)


2 comments:

rachel said...

Happy Turkey day!! Good luck with the road trip. Snacks and a dvd player is how we always do that drive but it's a long one!

Angela said...

I just got caught up on all of your posts. I guess I've been a bad blog reader lately. So here are all of my comments. Harrison is such a big cutie! Sounds like you made some yummy things for thanksgiving! You have always been a good cook! (And your mom too! I just thought of always eating her food! haha) Amen on the taxing thing. When is it enough? I love the Halloween costumes! And you would have been a cute alice! Too bad for all the "standards" of the ward trunk or treats! Sheesh! =)