27 December 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

We had such a fun Christmas weekend--really it could not have been better. It started out on Thursday (Christmas eve) with a little free (thank you culture pass) trip to the zoo.

Harrison was super excited about seeing all the animals...
He really liked the goats in the petting zoo (although getting close was a little scary). And the monkeys. And the wallabies.

Plus he got to sit on a frog in the "enchanted forest". So that's fun.
And of course check out a Kangaroo's pouch.

A first for Harrison was the carousel! He may still be a little young because he was kind of scared at first. But he got used to it :)

On Christmas morning we got up bright and early (mommy woke Harrison up at 7....) so we could open presents. We have video of about an hour of Harrison opening presents. It's pretty thrilling but I'll save it for later. He got the hang of it once we started each present. We kept our presents to two toys but I did go a bit overboard on books and clothes (that he needs right?) so we set some aside for birthday presents but DON'T TELL!!!

Later in the morning we went over to my mom and Larry's for "brunch." My grandpa was in town and it was awesome to see him.



Aaron and Stephanie were ridiculously late and we were all pretty starving. Luckily they made up for it by spoiling everyone rotten. Stephanie made us the most BEAUTIFUL scrapbook of Harrison's first year. She put so much time into it. Such a thoughtful gift!! My bro sure is lucky!

Harrison cleaned up in the gift department. We now have one of those houses full of toys I never thought I would have :)

Later that day I went for an awesome run and then we went to see the temple lights. Luckily we got there early enough before it was really crowded.


man I'm hot stuff.

The fun continued Saturday. Larry took Cory and I both on glider rides out in Maricopa. A glider is a plane without an engine. You have another plane drag you up like a kite and then they let you go and you basically float down (with some turns and stuff). It was awesome and such a beautiful day!!!
Cory getting ready to go

I was a bit nervous

You may think that's it but last night we went out to dinner at Rawhide. It's this Western town out near us. Cory was sure looking forward to hearing live country music and wearing a cowboy hat --ok, just kidding. But the atmosphere was really fun.
And we got to eat rattlesnake...which wasn't bad

and Rocky Mountain Oysters...GROSS


Harrison and grandpa did some dancing

And of course he had to ride a bull...er..horse...



So..there you have it--what I did on my Christmas vacation. I had a great time and I'm so grateful and SO BLESSED to have such a wonderful family.

2 comments:

rachel said...

Merry Christmas Brown Family!! CUTE Christmas pictures!! I have never heard of that glider thing but that looks so cool. Rattlesnake, you are really brave. Happy Holidays!!

Heidi Miller said...

So fun!!! I miss you Amber. I can't believe you went Gliding! SCARY!! Harrison is SO BIG!! What happened to the little baby I knew this summer. Time flies much to fast.