22 December 2009

Trip to Texas and a stinker

Last weekend we got to go to Texas for my very good friend Kerri's wedding. Kerri and Marcy got married on Saturday in McAllen (you know, like the border) and Lisa, Jen, and I were bridesmaids.

It was good times. We ate lots, set up for the reception, (tying more bows than I thought I'd see in a lifetime) and thoroughly enjoyed the festivities. The bride and groom were SO cute and SO happy and it was great to hang out with the girls and their spouses.

The night before we had some girly time with Kerri. She wore a tiara. Gifts were given. Tiny ben and jerry's pints were eaten.
Jen and Russ at the reception. They love each other as you can see.

Harrison and his mama
Lisa and Nick looking suave as usual.
Family shot
A little daddy-son bonding. SO cute.
Kerri dancing with Marci, or maybe her dad.....
Harrison was a trooper during this trip. He got very few naps and was put to bed way later than usual. Needless to say he was a little tired here....

Oh yeah and they had a Mariachi band during dinner. How awesome is that?
Cutting the cake. Someone in their ward made it. For free. Those Texans sure are hospitable!
The girls

The girls and one BEAUTIFUL bride

If you'd like to see better pics of the trip check out Jen's blog here And if you'd like to see more of Kerri and Marcy, here's their wedding website.

And now for the stinker

So the eighteenth christmas treat I made this year was some cake truffles--just cuz I wanted to try them out. It's harder than it looks. I managed to salvage about eight pretty-ish ones that I gave to Jen and Lisa
The leftovers are in our fridge now in a ziploc baggie. Safely on the second shelf...Right????

Well I thought so. Until today.


4 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Thanks for posting that "sweet" picture of me and Russ. And I love the ones of Harrison in the fridge. He apparently thought your treats were as good as I did!

rachel said...

I know my boys own the lower shelves of the fridge. They hold carrot sticks, string cheese, and capri suns. It's amazing the kid proofing these boys have put us through. Harrison gave you a great compliment with that smile though! You gotta love that sweet chocolate smile!

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting that adorable pic of me with my hands flayling around :) and I'm glad you liked em

and seriously rachel. I thought I was good just child proofing the first shelf and the side ...not anymore!!!!

Merry X-Mas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.