13 June 2010

Au Gratin?

Tonight I asked Cory how he wanted me to cook the potatoes I had planned on having with dinner.
The last time I asked him this question he said mashed and they came out awful ( I think it is because I always forget to start the taters in cold water). Hoping to redeem myself, when he said au gratin I said ok, found a recipe, and made it happen. Despite having to be cooked for AN HOUR AND A HALF it was so worth it. You should make these if you like potatoes swimming in yummy cheese sauce (and who doesn't??).

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Au-Gratin-Potatoes/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

(And it's a good thing they were delicious because the pork tenderloin I made with them was NASTY...oh well, I prefer side dishes anyway.)

4 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

You have to start potatoes in cold water?? For why? I love au gratin potatoes so I'm definitely trying these!

Unknown said...

Yep. Something about them cooking evenly. I try to do what foodnetwork tells me...if I remember...

Heidi Miller said...

I love that you post recipes so often. I miss you Amber!!

Sheila said...

LOL!! This is so funny Amber!! Side dishes are so great, especially yummy cheesy ones. Thanks for the tips! Had no idea about mashed potatoes in cold water!