29 August 2010

Change

(me in glasses and cory's cabbie hat...and of course my glasses have rhinestones on them, please. Don't worry I have black ones for when I'm forced to be all attorney-like and what not.)

After a lifetime of good vision, I got tired of struggling to see 10 pt font and got me some glasses.

And that's not all.

After three years of applying for gov't jobs only to be rejected repeatedly, Tuesday, I was offered an attorney position with the Social Security Administration Office of Disability Adjudication and Review in Arlington, VA.

We weighed the pros and cons and said some prayers. A lot. Well, as much as you can when you have 48 hours to decide. And we decided...

WE'RE GOING!!! Packing up our life and kid and moving east. I will head out September 24th to start the new job on September 27th. Cory will head out (driving) Oct. 2. We're not sure what Harrison will do yet. We may or may not be selling all of our furniture because it is cheaper than carting it across the country. We're not quite sure if 1 car or 2 will be coming...We've already got an application in at what seems like an awesome apartment in Alexandria (well, part of a house, with a deck, and a YARD--with this green stuff called grass, I think-SWOON :)).

It's a bit nuts. We're a little scared. Too much to think about. And fast. I keep losing my keys because I'm a bit overwhelmed. That said, we're incredibly excited for a new adventure and hope to soak some fun and experience out of the east coast for the next 3-5 years. It just goes to show you that if you want something long enough, it will be provided to you right at the point when you thought everything was finally going perfectly, just to shake things up. YAY FOR SHAKING THINGS UP!!!!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AMBER!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys!! HOLY COW, I can hardly contain!!! VA??? YAY!!!! A JOB??? YAY!!!! Oh man, you so deserve it! I'm soosososososososoooo happy for you!!!! Good luck getting everything in order, you will be great, you do well on the fly, shaking things up!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! LOVE YOU!

Kari said...

That's awesome Amber!! How exciting for you guys!! CONGRATS and good luck with the whole moving thing!!! You seriously are amazing and you so deserve this!

Lirpa said...

We are so excited to have you back on the East Coast!! :D

betsey said...

YEAH AMBER!!!! So excited for you! You are going to be great and I am so happy for you!!!! XOXOXOXO

Stephanie said...

We were going to be there for 3-5 years but ended up staying 9. It's awesome out there, from what there is to do, to the Wards, but you know! I'm so excited for you!!!! You are just awesome!