14 November 2010

More fun in the city!

I was nervous about how Harrison would do in a museum but we had such a blast yesterday at the Museum of Natural History! He LOVED the fish/ocean life exhibits the best. The weather was absolutely perfect and we had a great time hanging out. We went to lunch at the same Potbelly's (a favorite for sure) that we went to a year ago when we were out here visiting...and can't believe we actually LIVE here now!!

This is how we let him see stuff up close at first, we let him run around in the less busy exhibits :) Dinasour bones!!!

HUGE WOOLY MAMMOTH!!!

They had a "Discovery Room" for kids to look and touch stuff--it was very cool. Harrison loved this crocodile's mouth (and collecting magnifying glasses) the best.
Can you believe this huge coral reef is all crocheted? It's almost as big as the blanket I made for my dad a few years back :)
Daddy and Harrison pose outside--the weather was PERFECT. Just cool enough to wear a sweater but sunny and awesome.
After lunch Harrison had a blast running around the fountains at the Navy Memorial. And of course we tried to get some pictures together
SIT STILL CHILD!!!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Your family is so cute! I LOVE IT! So great to have perfect weather. I completely agree that it is perfect when you can feel the sun and wear a sweater...love it!!

Ok, so you had me ROLLING ON THE FLOOR with your rebuttles to Amy's name comments. Actually Kari and I were both laughing our heads off together last night at my house reading your comments. I LOVE YOU AMBER!!!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I almost didn't post that second one but I just couldn't stop myself--I am so rude! I'm glad you weren't offended!!! I just had to defend myself! I am not trying to sabotage your baby-naming :) I LOVE YOU TOO!! I can't wait to meet little Hayden Zoe Rylee Capell!!!I think you definitely need to come to DC while Heidi is here--Kari--you too!!