01 November 2010

You know you have a good babysitter when....

Having WONDERFUL care for Harrison has made transitioning to full time work so much easier than it could have been. For the first day of Cory's job Harrison played with Alesa at Erin's house and every day since he's been with Rebekah, Kaitlyn, and Alex at Heidi's. Although the commuting situation is less than ideal (and definitely makes me appreciate the time we have together at night, on the weekends, even for like half an hour in the morning)--knowing that he is taken care of and having LOTS of fun doing some FANTASTIC stuff makes me happy. Plus--I get pics like this sent to me during the day--HOW COULD THAT NOT PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE???
Alesa and Harrison showing their babies how to take a nap
And jumping on the couch/looking out the window
Rebekah and Harrison making halloween cookies
Time to try out some dough!!!!
Since spending so much time with Rebekah, Harrison has gotten VERY good at giving hugs. Not sure if it is because they are forced to hug each other after they have a little fight or because they just love each other so much :) Yesterday we had our friends Noelle and Jon over and Harrison decided barely 1 year old Sabrina needed a hug too---OOPS---Sometimes his affection is a bit much, but I'll take it.

This Saturday we took a break from the Halloween festivities and went to Tyson's Corner, a swanky mall just down the road. I know. What a lame thing to do on a beautiful fall day in DC, right? (particularly when we could have gone to the "rally to restore sanity," right? don't get me started...) Harrison was in heaven though because he got to ride the train and play in the play area. When you're one it is SO the little things.


4 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

Awwwww, thanks for saying all those nice things about me Amber. I haven't been taking ANY pictures this week. Now I am determined to do it again. :) We went to the library today and like 3 people asked me if Rebekah and Harrison were twins. Too funny. Oh and did you know that Harrison is afraid to have his body traced on the sidewalk with chalk? I'll have to tell you about it. It was pretty funny.

Jen Perkins said...

Looks like Harrison has mad lots of friends out there already. That's awesome! I love that last picture of him hugging that girl. Too cute.

The Wheelers said...

What a fun post! Harrison, Rebekah & Alesa will all have to hang out sometime soon!!!

Angela said...

Wow! I can't believe that you're actually in Virginia!! Living! That is so awesome that Heidi gets to take care of Harrison! I'm sure it definitely brings you peace of mind. I'm glad you sound so good. And I love that picture of Harrison at the top of your blog! So cute!