19 August 2011

You know you want a recipe....

You've been dying for a good recipe on here, right?

Well--I made this one two nights ago and then threw the leftover veggies in some pasta with mozzerella cheese last night. YUM.

(adapted slightly from all recipes)

Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches (supposed to be grilled but I cooked them in the oven)

1. Cut up one zucchini, one yellow squash, one red bell pepper, and one red onion (sliced)
2. put on cookie sheet and drizzle on some olive oil, salt and pepper, and I used steak seasoning
3. Cook at 425 ish for about 20 minutes...the squash goes fast so you could even take that off first so it's not too soft, the onion will be fine however long, the peppers take the longest.
4. mix one big clove of garlic, chopped, with 1/2 cup of mayo and salt, pepper, whatever else you think would be fun in there (I used hot sauce because I put hot sauce in everything :))
5. Put the mayo on each side of a ciabatta roll and sprinkle feta cheese generously on one side. Stuff the sandwiches with the roasted veggies.
6. Wrap said sandwiches individually in foil and put back in the oven for like 10 minutes or so until the bread is crispy and the feta is slightly melted.
7. Serve with sweet potato fries and canteloupe (if you want to be just like me). Did you know that you can get sweet potato fries in the frozen potato section of the grocery store? Cory commented that these were good and actually crispy unlike all of the other times I've attempted to make sweet potato fries. Yes he thought I crinkle cut those all by myself and had them all ready promptly when he got home. Hahahaha. Thanks honey :)

1 comment:

rachel said...

sweet potato fries seriously. I am in. I am trying this one out. I ALWAYS need a new recipe;)