27 August 2011

Birthday fun

(The test of every camera is obviously taking pictures of yourself)

Last Saturday I turned 30. THIRTY!! So old. Seriously, I can't believe I was 18 TWELVE years ago. For my birthday, my mom got me an awesome new camera and I am happy to be posting non-camera phone photos. :) For the special day we went and got pancakes at the original pancake house down the street (It's kind of a silly thing for me). And then we went to the park. And then ikea (that's right my birthday gift from Cory/Harrison/myself was bedroom furniture for Harrison). And then I went to work for about 5 hours (sorry, overtime is overtime dude). And then we had a nice date while our friends watched Harrison for us. We saw Crazy Stupid Love because it's a chick movie and I thought I should chose one for 'my' day :) I like seeing movies when I haven't seen any previews because we don't have cable. You never know what you're getting so your expectations aren't too high. And I thought the movie was great. And then around 10:30 cory and I went to the grocery store so I could have a cake. YUM. one piece left and it's calling my name. Happy 30th to ME!!!!

Harrison's hair is absolutely ridiculous. I love it.

cinnamon almond french toast..YUMMY


The slide was wet :)

5 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Glad you had such a good birthday, Ambs! I want to jump through your pictures and eat that french toast!

Sheila said...

Really? TWELVE???? Geez, I feel so old too. Your 30th sounds great, Happy B-day, wish I was there to go that movie with you. I miss watching movies with you. You are still, by far, my favorite person to watch a chick-flick with!! MISS YOU!

rachel said...

k, so lets hear the specs on the cam. I have to know what kind it is. That french toast looks divine! You look sooo under thirty. So, it doesn't count. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It's a Cannon Power Shot S95..I went back and forth about DSLR v. non-DSLR and decided I probably wasn't ready to learn how to really utilize a DSLR and I preferred something I could fit in my purse v. had to carry around in a separate bag. So far I've just used auto but have been happy with using it and taking pictures-it's supposed to have pretty good video too although I haven't used that.