27 May 2012

6 months....I mean SEVEN months!!!

Yes 6 months came and went and as of yesterday Carter Pants was 7 months old. Crazy. Nuts. Ridiculous. All of that. She is doing great. At her six month appt she was 18 pounds ish and 27.5 inches. This was like 95th for height and 85th for weight. Standing in line to check out at the doctor's office we saw another family with a baby and she looked about Carter's age so I asked if they were there for their 6 month or 9 month appt...nope...1 year....awesome.  Lately Carter is a pro at sitting (has been for about a month), absolutely will not stay on her back (this is a bit annoying with diaper changes), and loves to look around everywhere. She also squaks, babbles, laughs, and is genuinely very happy most of the time.  Except when I try to skip her 7:30 bottle because she just had one at 6:30. Don't mess with her then.  She is such a sweet addition to our family and Harrison absolutely dotes on and loves her still. This makes me very happy. He always wants to hold her, check on her, play with her, help feed her, etc. She loves baby food too, except for peas, and can drain one of those pouch things if I'm not paying attention.   I'm so grateful to have such an easy baby and don't really understand how she is able to sleep like a dream, entertain herself, and really require very little from us in terms of attention. This makes me feel like a much better mom because I've learned that some babies are just easy despite anything I did or did not do :)  I'm going to try to remember that for when the next one is ridiculously high maintenance.

 STOP TAKING PICTURES--FEED ME!! Or...just give me the camera..I can eat that!




First time on the swings 

 Hanging out at Harrison's swim lesson
 RUFFLES AND JEGGINGS!!!
 Yes Mommy and Carter both have huge cheeks
 I bought her this hat and it really doesn't fit. But couldn't resist. Maybe in 6 months.
 Ummm...can't you see I'm reading???

3 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

I love her.

Heidi Miller said...

I have never seen such cheeks! She is so so so so squishy and adorable. She is looking more and more like Harrison to me as she gets older. I do remember Harrison having awesome cheeks, but I think hers might just outdo his!

Kari said...

I am loving those cheeks too!! She is such a doll face!! What a fun age too!!