09 May 2012

Party it up with the Perkins

A few weeks ago we were so excited to have my bff Jen and her husband Russ and cute little boy Owen come visit.  I took the day off work Friday and we went down to DC to romp around and then that evening our nanny April watched the kids so we could go enjoy a delicious kid-free dinner together.  Saturday was DC part two and then Sunday we hit up the Arlington Cemetery before pounding down cafe rio's doors right as they opened and then heading to the airport (well, Jen, Russ, Owen, Carter, and I did..Cory and Harrison were righteous and went to church so Cory could teach those precious 4 and 5 year olds :)) It was so fun seeing friends that we miss since leaving AZ!!!

 Cute little Perkins' family between the Washington Monument and WWII memorial...and who is that sandy haired child trying to insert himself in the picture?
 Jen contemplates eating Carter's face...it's ok...I do the same thing everyday :)
 She likes the older boys
 Founding Farmers-YUM and DOUBLE YUM..I got plank salmon, mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted root vegetables. DELISH.
 After stuffing ourselves we took a little walk to check out the white house.  Yes Cory wears his nat geo ID badge everywhere...nerd...(ok or maybe he just forgot to take it off)
 Did I mention Cory got chicken and waffles and the most amazing mac and cheese? Yeah I was a little jealous given my somewhat healthy choice. Good thing Cory has learned he has to share :)
 Amber, Harrison, president Lincoln
 Owen is advising Harrison to get a haircut
 Carter sitting all by herself (you know, without the carseat) in the joovy caboose-YAY!! did I mention I dragged a double stroller up the steps of the natural history museum at the busiest I've ever seen it (every elementary school aged kid in Fairfax County was there, go figure).  Yeah. Rockstar.
 Owen and Harrison looking for bugs.
 Arlington Cemetery enjoying beautiful scenery and weather.
 Another White House shot. Me attacking Jen. Like old times.
Everyone else checked out the natural history museum butterfly exhibit while Carter and I hung out outside.

2 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Thanks again for a fun time!

ajehz and m said...

looks like such a blast!!! happy times!