27 May 2012

Quick Trip To Pittsburgh

A few weeks ago Erin and I headed down to Pittsburgh to visit our co-former-roommate April who is due to have a baby any minute. She took baby Van and I took Carter and left the husbands with the toddlers.  It was a quick trip but totally worth it to catch up with April and Cord, relax, eat yummy food, and explore the city a bit.  Oh yeah and we also got mani-pedis. SCORE. I missed the boys but it was a FUN aSturday.  Can't wait to come back and visit baby Merrell soon !!!

 virgin strawberry margaritas on the balcony after feasting on delicious baked goods...Yes please!


 I can't remember what this thing is called but basically it's this train car that goes up and down a hill that the mill workers used to take every day. We went from the top of the city to the bottom and back. A little scary if you looked at the tracks, but very cool.

The tracks I was talking about.
 When we got to the bottom we walked across a bridge (Pittsburgh has a lot of beautiful bridges) and into downtown where we feasted at Primanti's--you know the place with those huge sandwiches where they put the fries right on there. YUM.
And if the fries on the sandwich weren't enough we started out with chili cheese fries..Yeah, apparently this trip was mostly about food :) I'm glad I have cool friends who will eat bad things with me on occasion.

No comments: