02 March 2013

Independent play

Tuesday/Thursday nights lately Cory has been teaching a JavaScript course in Georgetown (not at Georgetown, but in the general area :)). Anywhoo, this puts me alone with my darling offspring all night long. Tuesday it's a particularly long day because I work from home. Last Tuesday I decided I would do something fun and crafty during the 'witching hour' before dinner. My sanity after a long day watching kids/ getting 8 hrs of work done depended on it. So I made hair bows and let the kids wreak havoc. At one point Harrison wrapped a transformer in thread and was dragging him around the house with carter following close behind. When Cory asks me how I get things done with kids around I always tell him I just do what I have to do. They want constant attention but I think it's good for mommy to take a more 'supervisory ' role once in awhile. And the bows are cute. Not that my daughter will wear them but at least I could pretend I have a hobby... For an hour anyway :)

2 comments:

rachel said...

Good for you! I don't know how you do it. Working from home was so hard with kids for me. It was all the work and all the stress. It's so good to have a "mental health" moment. Those are so cute. I love cute girly things!

Jen Perkins said...

Cute! I still need to find time to make some cute headbands. Good job, momma.