01 December 2013

77% clean and 90% unpacked

I took a minute last night to take some pictures of our new house. It is mostly unpacked and I'm thrilled to put other things on my list of projects now. There is lots I want to do to make it our own but I love it and am grateful that we have lots of space to grow here with beautiful wood floors, a big kitchen island, and a beautiful, safe neighborhood to live in. This house was the one we crammed in looking at at the last minute on our whirlwind Utah weekend in October and I think we made the right choice. Yay!
The front at night with a few Christmas lights up
Entry with my tj maxx hooks and a huge basket of laundry that needs to be folded 

Sitting or 'Home teacher ' room. Our home teacher is the previous owner. Gotta love Utah :) the green cabinet is my favorite. I painted it and love it. The dishes were free. Having service for 24 just in case makes me pretty happy too. 

Office. Pack and play ready for any babies who want to come visit. 

Living room with a view of the thankful tree we just finished. Screaming for some chairs and a bigger rug. I'm On the lookout! 

Kitchen and the other side of the living room. So much more open than our place in va which is awesome. 

Dining room/area. 
Carter's room . I want to do something else with that blue frame....

Harrison's room. His constelation prize for moving across the country was bunk beds. Now we have an extra bed for any of his friends. He pretty much wants baby brother to sleep in there from day 1.

Some day this will be
baby brothers room. Right now it is filled with random stuff and needs to be painted. 
Master bedroom. I love the square windows all over the house. And yes, this stage in my pregnancy demands a body pillow. Thanks for leaving that one behind when you moved out six years ago, Jen :)

And here's my dresser. Taken apart because for some reason the drawers won't close properly. That'll teach me for buying something not off craigslist !

Cutest kids ever. Bath time.

Basement #1
Basement #2.. The box is from the slightly larger tv we got Black Friday. Nowhere near the Utah standard but 40 in is pretty big for us! I'm really happy about the built ins and closet that easily fit all our toys and promise to not use the extra space as an excuse to acquire more!! We have plenty!!!

The basement also has two more bedrooms and a bath but that's boring and messy. I promise a real bed for visitors so if your moms house in Utah is too full when you come out next please stay here! 

2 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

Ummm, so jealous. I LOVE LOVE your house! Did I count SIX bedrooms!!!!??? NO FLIPPING FAIR!!! Love it and you have it decorated it more than we do in our house and we've been here 18 months!

Jen Perkins said...

I wondered a while back whatever happened to my body pillow! How does one just lose a huge pillow, anyway? LOVE the house and can't wait to come visit when Archibald is born!