11 January 2014

Party time !!!

We had a great birthday party today ! I really tried not to get caught up in making everything perfect as I have in past years and things could not have turned out better. We had a full house but it all worked out very smoothly. We did a dinosaur theme with some activities- digging Dinos out of play dough , chipping them out of ice , coloring a dinosaur picture , and pin the scale on the dinosaur- I made homemade pizza because it is my go to thing and I know I can do it well :) and then I bought Harrison a chocolate Dino cake from Costco... I have made his cake from scratch every other year but in my experience non cake mix cake is too dense to be kid friendly and it's a lot of effort for very little return... So store bought was great! Everyone had lots of fun and Harrison was spoiled rotten by our sweet neighbors and friends- happy birthday buddy !!!!
I froze some plastic dinosaurs and the kids chipped away at it with utensils. It was a huge hit-- I think we had seven kids crowded in the laundry room for over an hour. Awesome !!


Happy kids

Mmmmmm cake

Time for presents !!! 


No comments: