04 April 2014

Adjusting

I wrote a more detailed blog post but it got deleted (of course).. So this is what I can handle.

Three kids is hard!!! Our mornings getting out the door are stressful, lunchtime is rough, afternoons are super chill with 2 kids sleeping, and 4 pm- 8 is basically hellish :) overnight is ok. But The lack of sleep is definitely getting to me . 

I'm having the same breastfeeding troubles ive always had. I'm Now taking herbs and meds to try to increase supply and j gets formula several times a day (at our two week appt he hadn't gotten back to birth weight and was 83% height and 38% weight...) It adds up to eight or so nursing sessions a day , 6 bottles, and maybe pumping once if I can fit it in... This is frustrating and takes a lot of time I don't really actually have, given that I have two other kids and a clean house. 

Carter struggles to adapt and wants to be held every time I hold the baby. Harrison is a great helper. Carter is too if she wants to be. Mostly though she just wants to whine, fight with her brother, and take off her pants. They both love Jefferson and love to help with him which is awesome. The little moments make it worth it. 

It's great though, right?? Yay for three kids!! We will adjust soon!!!!!

And ... Here are some pictures: 


Binky face



After a traumatic sponge bath



At the aquarium !!!  (Yes we have gotten out!!)



Cutie pie

Bribed with dum dums 

A huge tower!!!

Helping out???

Yes- we're crazy 

On a walk to the temple with the two babies -- love my new double jogger (not that I've jogged yet...) 

2 comments:

rachel said...

It gets better:) Those are some adorable munckins! Props on the whole clean house thing.

Jen Perkins said...

I hope things mellow out soon for you! I can only imagine how hard it must be. Hang in there, mama!