23 July 2014

Mom tip for the day- big rocks first

Rather than blogging cute baby pictures or talking about things we are doing i'd rather get some of these thoughts out of my head . So here's a tip for moms, myself, and carter someday when she has kids (and for the boys too). 

I think some people are awesome stay at home moms who are super amazing at playing with their kids. That's not me . I am a much better housekeeper. Frankly, I should pay someone to watch them and start a housecleaning business because it would be a more effective use of my skills :) ok not really... Lately when it comes to trying to keep the house in a decent state with three kids around I've realized that the lesson from young women's is still true. Do the most important thing first!!! If I have dirty dishes and a dirty floor but I want to get the bathroom cleaned I need to clean that bathroom first thing or it won't happen. Same thing with trying to get stains out of the couch, dusting baseboards, vacuuming, or anything else I don't do a million times a day. There will always be more dishes and more crumbs on the floor. I take a lot of satisfaction in clean walls or cabinets or an organized closet amidst the other chaos. So stop sweeping, amber, and go organize the pantry. You know you're going to sweep five more times today anyway :) 

2 comments:

rachel said...

So much wisdom in this. Everyone can benefit from an organized closet.

Unknown said...

Rachel your comments always make my day. Thank you :)