22 September 2014

graduated!! and then he went to kindergarten!!!

Ok this post is a bit disjointed but so be it.  Harrison graduated from preschool in June. They had a cute ceremony at his school followed by cake and then we had lunch with Cory at PF Changs. I got the best fortune ever...something about people around me being more cooperative than usual. It was a day a I definitely needed to hear that. And then, two months later, in early August he started kindergarten. I think the thing I was most bummed about when we moved to Utah was the prospect of sending Harrison to half day kindergarten since that is all they have here. Harrison LOVES school and does so well with routine that it seemed such a shame to have him actually spend less time in school than last year. A month or so in, I have to say though, that while I think he would have been great in full day kindergarten, I'm ok with it only being half a day. It's definitely more of a change than I expected and is a lot more work than preschool which has been a bit tiring. It's nice to have the afternoon free to play with friends, go to the park, play at home, and have lots of time to get his homework (which is really only reading 20 minutes and maybe a handwriting worksheet) done.  It's good preparation for first grade next year. Here's my cute big kid!!!!





No comments: