28 February 2010

unloading some pictures

I was going through i photo and found some pics I meant to post but never did. SO ..here ya go.
Just learning to walk...and dirty... as usual...
baby feet
I love green grass. I go to great lengths to get green grass. It takes extra effort out here in AZ to make green happen. I took cory to five guys that recently opened out here (he liked it, I relished it..and the DC memories it conjured up ) and we found a park behind the shopping center.
The boy loves to push things around. Usually it's me, sometimes it's a stroller.
Emily and Jonas came to town in January and we went to the Children's museum and Jonas and Harrison spent some quality time together at our house....I think they totally hit it off despite the 6 month age difference. Makes me wish they lived here so H man and J man could be BFFs just like their daddies--we miss you guys!!!!
Last week I was trying to get through a rather extensive USA jobs application and rather than hold him back I decided to cut my losses and let Harrison arrange the contents of the recycle garbage all over the floor.
And he had fun with various legal study guides....loves the evidence map
How did my checkbook get on the floor???
what??? garbage and the contents of your purse are just more fun than toys-

6 comments:

ajehz and m said...

You are such a great mom, Ambs! You're not so uptight that your little h will have a myriad of experiences! His best memories will probably involve parks and recycling bins. It is so fun to watch him grow up!

rachel said...

AWWW!! I wish we could have been there at the same time as Emily and Jonas. Our timing is off. We are coming in this next week. Play Date?? We have to compare schedules.

Unknown said...

yes!!! I'm totally open pretty much all the time

Heidi Miller said...

So cute. I love these pictures and I am in love with Harrison. I miss his squishable cheeks. Miss you!

Sheila said...

LOVE it Amber!! I can TOTALLY relate...just let the damage be done for a few more minutes of quiet sanity to get what you have get done done...and then deal with the wreckage! IMO, signs of a great mom!!! Just think of all the learning that went on in those precious destructive and inquisitive moments!!!

Shaun and Kelli said...

There is SO much truth to that Sheila! Some days I purposely leave the pantry door open while I'm cooking so Michael will stay occupied for 10 more minutes ripping everything off the bottom 2 shelves (that's all he can reach for now) and I can get dinner on the table with no fuss. Or he has a cupboard that he likes to pull all the dishes out and climb inside. SANITY FOR MOMS, YAY! Harrison is adorable as ever by the way. I still think he and Michael are destined to be buds some day! They are WAY WAY WAY too much alike.