05 May 2010

H man at almost SIXTEEN MONTHS!!!!


Just so you know:

Harrison is SO funny-he makes us laugh constantly with his funny faces, laughs, giggles, and how he seems to find trouble EVERYWHERE (he climbs on shelves, on the kitchen table, on the toilet, it's not fun if it's not dangerous, right??)

His favorite word is for sure Hi with Daddy followed closely behind. He says Hi CONSTANTLY to everyone. I love it when it's everyone we pass by at the grocery store (whether or not they notice..and when we get to the checkout he just keeps telling the cashier over and over)

I'm pretty sure he thinks both of us are daddy but it still bugs that I can't get him to say mommy very often. He's started screaming daddy and running after him when he knows Cory is going to work...I love how much he loves his daddy!!!

He also says random words on occasion like bye, baby, pickle, cracker, doggie, binky, bath, kitty, etc. And then the rest of the time he just blabs on and on and I know I should have some magical ability to understand what he means but ...not quite yet.

He loves to dance and listen to music--he sings along when I sing the ABC song. He loves watching sesame street (elmo) and listening to our winnie the pooh cd in the car. I would have to say that his favorite song though is from the baskin robbins ice cream cake commercial--nothing better than dancing ice cream and cake!!!

He pays more and more attention to books these days--really looking at the pictures as he turns the pages. Not that I can get him to sit still when I read him a story before bed but I keep trying!

He thinks the weirdest things are funny--who knew that putting an empty water bottle under the water in the bathtub to make bubbles could provide endless enjoyment???

Favorite foods: crackers, cookies, bananas (oh yeah and he says "manana"), apple juice, leftover easter jellybeans, macaroni and cheese, and WHATEVER ANYONE ELSE IS EATING...AT ANY TIME!!!

His favorite thing EVER is definitely to be outside. It doesn't matter if it's the park our outside our house..If you open the door you better watch out! He wants out and NOW!!!!

He doesn't do kisses but he gives the BEST hugs EVER!!!

He still takes two naps (lucky me!!) and is a pretty good sleeper at night when his paranoid mama isn't checking on him constantly.....

We just love Harrison to death and he brings so much joy to our lives everyday. There is nothing better than getting up in the morning to get up this happy boy playing in his crib (after listening to him say hi to the baby monitor for 20 minutes or so) and attacking him when I get home from work.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun. I can tell that he and Liam would be grand friends - Liam is just starting to climb and get into everything (garbages are his favorite).

You are a good mom! When I try to get Liam to say mommy he just looks at me and says dada. Where is the love?

Jen Perkins said...

I can't believe how big he is already! Such a cutie! :)

Unknown said...

Seriously!! Apparently daddy is easier or something...whatever....and Harrison loves garbage too--the recycleables have a permanent home on our kitchen counter..gross but necessary!!