23 October 2011

Having Lots of Fun

here's the proof:

A few saturdays back while cory replaced part of the fence in our backyard Harrison and I visited a local nursery where they had a fall festival/pumpkin patch of sorts...basically you pay money to pick a pumpkin and watch your toddler climb on/slide down things :) It was perfect for Harrison 




And of course I had to have Harrison ride a pony--first timer and he did awesome.  
It was a 3 day weekend so on Monday Cory joined in and we went to a real pumpkin patch/farm. We saw animals, picked apples, took a hayride out to pick some pumpkins, and had a blast.  





 
The following weekend we checked out the national building museum. Basically lame if you ask me but Harrison liked playing with puppets in the kid room and cory was able to show his mad lego skills and made a snowman..Afterwards Harrison and I got in a leaf fight in Judiciary Square. 







Yesterday it was cold so we went to the national botanical garden...This is on capitol hill and I think I had been once on a lunch break for a few minutes. It was such a WIN. Mostly inside, not too crowded, lots of amazing plants, cool spices to smell, a place for kids to play,  Harrison got to get himself entirely soaked in the fountains....we even found parking close by just in case I went into labor (didn't happen despite lots of walking). And I got to have lunch at one of my favorite "I used to be a hill staffer" places where I could listen to people talk about the republican primary candidates and eat yummy chips and salsa.  YAY  for saturday adventures.  I know it will be super harder to manage these kinds of outings with two kids but I hope we can make it happen.  







This picture is embarrassing but you just gotta love the drool and "mommy don't give me a kiss face"

2 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

So fun! Owen and I are going with Grandma Eagar to a Pumpkin Festival tomorrow and we can't wait! Glad you guys are having so much fun back there!

ajehz and m said...

his childhood is totally magical! you will have amazing outings with two kids. it just takes a bit to get your rhythm. you guys look so happy. kinda makes me tear up a bit. love you