18 December 2011

Blessing Day

We were lucky to have cory's parents come visit a couple of weeks ago for Carter's blessing. Harrison loved spending time with O'ma and O'pa and Carter loved the constant attention and snuggling :) (plus--they brought presents...and candy..YUM). We took them to Eastern Market for pancakes and the natural history museum.....you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't get any pictures...whoops...

Carter's blessing dress was once used by my aunt Kim. It was awesome to use it again a few years later :) I got a few pictures of her in it a couple of days before (which was a smart move since we ended up only getting one picture on the blessing day).

Harrison is not looking and carter is crying....typical....

Harrison and O'pa finishing up the gingerbread house we started for FHE--they even used a cotton ball for smoke coming out of the chimney :)

mommy why do you insist on taking pictures of yourself? I'm obviously much cuter!

Carter loves to try to eat her hands...or just shove them up her nose...

Another fruitless attempt to get her to take a binkie....sigh...she'll hold it in her mouth for a minute but sadly it is not a calming mechanism in any way--boo---


3 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

She looks so precious in that yellow dress! I still can't believe you have two!!! And you'll be glad in the long run that Carter won't take a binkie. Although there were times we wished Owen would, we're super glad we never had to ween him off of one.

ajehz and m said...

holy cow. she is gorgeous. and your house is amazing! and how did you get such perfect gingerbread house pieces? share your recipes/secrets! please! love you love you love all.

Unknown said...

hahaha it was a kit I got for like $10 at safeway..pieces, frosting, and even candy. I'm sure if I made it from scratch it would be a pile of graham crackers :) I'll stick with gingerbread cookies for now.