26 December 2011

Christmas crafts for those who can tie a knot and man a glue gun

For anyone whose had the pleasure of being sent or given something from me for christmas that I decided to make myself you likely understand that everything doesn't always turn out exactly like I plan. Typically it's always a little off, smushed, broken, and likely cost twice as much as if I just bought you something. Oh well. Someday I'll become more efficient and talented. Maybe. Until then, making stuff is still one of my favorite christmas traditions. This year was no different. Harrison and I whipped up a few batches of oreo truffles (he LOVED sprinkle duty...a little too much sometimes, but who doesn't want more sugar anyway???). We also made my favorite gingerbread cookies with Cory's help (See recipe HERE ) for some neighbors and I decided to make a bunch of wreaths for friends. I got a few pictures of those (mostly for Jen's benefit)

Felt Rosette Wreath... I did two of these but they look basically the same. Very easy but take seven billion years so make sure you have time.

Ribbon Wreath #1
Ribbon Wreath #2

And then red and green slightly christmas-y versions of this one which I forgot/am too lazy to take pictures of:

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/10/how-to-make-a-tulle-wreath-halloween-edition/

(with less flowers and no bird ....sorry)

A few days before christmas I also got together with two awesome ladies and we made some yummy truffles--raspberry, peppermint, and chocolate with sea salt...(ok Erin and Marci made them while I pretended to be calming my fussy child....)

FYI the salt ones look like they've been through the wringer because we oversalted a BIT the first time around and tried to correct the mistake


Erin hard at work

Marci hard at work too....(you notice who is NOT in these pictures...)
AMAZING talent with the raspberry drizzle
Pretty peppermint
Apparently we woke Alesa up so she could lick those ones on the bottom and make them look more "authentic".....
YUM!!! Whatever they may lack in appearance they more than make up for in taste...in fact I may have just eaten one (or FOUR) right now :) Love you girls! Thanks for being awesome!

1 comment:

rachel said...

Love the wreaths. Merry Christmas Browns!