27 December 2011

TWO MONTHS!!!


Carter bug is two months old!!! (well...she was yesterday...). She is doing great and I can't get enough of her adorable baby face and she seriously has the sweetest little disposition. Sometimes when I think she's sleepy I'll put her in her swing in her room and turn off the light. She won't make a peep and I'll come back in like 20 minutes to find her just sitting there awake, alone, in the dark...totally fine....such a doll. Right now some of Carter's favorite things are:

Growing--11 pounds at her 1 month (but actually 7 week) visit and 22.5 inches long. This was 74% for weight, 75% for height, and 79% for head size. She's wearing mostly 3-6 months clothes now.

Eating!! (see #1) She now gets drinks 2-3 oz of formula after each feeding (or therabouts). I basically feel like this means I am feeding her ALL time time and she doesn't seem to get much from me nursing because if I try to put her down after she's immediately hungry again.. for what it's worth I am going to at least try to keep it up until my maternity leave is over...

Getting loved on by Harrison! The doting big bro loves to bring her toys, give her kisses and hugs, tell her he loves her, talk to her, and attempt to carry her around places (we usually stop this...)

kicking her legs and feet!! She's always kicking off blankets. It's cute and funny because I leave the room or walk away and come back and her blanket is on the floor and she's just sitting there looking at me all innocently.

Smiling at mommy and daddy--ADORABLE

She no longer will tolerate tummy time as well as in the beginning, but she's getting much better holding up her head and moving towards rolling over.

Sleeping!!! We were getting 7-8 hours a night (about 10-5) but now have reverted to about 3-4 hours at a time. I blame it on the cold she got from Harrison. Yep, the little bug has her first sickness :( :(. It makes me sad to hear her cough but thus far no lung issues or ear infection so hopefully she'll get over it soon (and she tolerates it like such a trooper, I couldn't get near Harrison with the snot sucker and Carter doesn't even cry). Harrison didn't hardly get sick until last winter which was great. Having a toddler who goes to nursery and preschool and loves to kiss, touch, sometimes lick (EW!!!) his baby sister brings sickness to another level I'm afraid.

Here are some pictures I took of our little princess today. Happy 2 months baby girl!!!'


check out the old man hair!

Lift that head!!


chillin

1 comment:

rachel said...

AWW! She is so much fun!Adorable. Do you think she looks like Harrison? Love her headband.