22 March 2010

I wanted to post this as my facebook status but it was too long...

In an effort to not rain on the obama happy parades by commenting on others' facebook status, let me just provide my top five reasons why Obama has NOT made the world a better place and solved all of our problems with this one: 1. States cannot afford the medicaid expansion 2. The only reason this is so "fiscally sound" is via huge medicare cuts and more taxes. 3. what's with finding more money by requiring all students loans to be from the federal government?? not bad in itself necessarily but what does it have to do with healthcare??? 4. Forcing people to buy health insurance just feels constitutionally shady--it's not quite the same as forcing people to buy car insurance because that at least can be painted as a cost of using public roads. 5. You couldn't even convince ONE crazy republican to vote for it?? really??? All this seems to add up to is higher premiums that those of us who have health insurance cannot afford. Why would you want to force hardworking, educated Americans into Medicaid? I suppose one step closer to the single payer government run healthcare you all want right?? Awesome. Please explain to me why I'm wrong. I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow I will wake up and this bill really will have made it rain cupcakes and put diamonds on everyone's mailbox. Harrison and I have turned off Fox News and will be watching Sesame Street if you need us.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I LOVE YOU AMBER!!!!!! Who watches Fox news anyways.... (wink)!

rachel said...

Here, here!! Do I see a platform in your future?? I am having a hard time with the abortion provisions in the bill. Sadness. "Baby Killer" isn't even strong enough language in my opinion. Let us know when your running we'll be part of your alaskan campaign staff;)

Camille said...

ARG! 1. your title is very funny. 2. i agree with everything you said. 3. where is the tort reform?! 4. what else is in this bill we have no clue about?! 5. i can totally hear your voice in this post and i love your passion for policy. i would vote fo you. go amber!

Heidi Miller said...

YEAH AMBER!!!!! I love it!! For once, I sort of knew what you were talking about and I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

Angela said...

I must say I've been wanting to check out your blog ever since this thing passed. I think you should totally have put this as your status though! =)

Amen sista!