01 March 2009

Car???

So....about a week ago I was driving home from class and my radiator blew up--924 dollars later it's fixed. This made me (and Cory) start thinking about the fact that I own a 13 year old car and no longer have someone around to fix it. While the car has served me well and is in relatively good condition inevitably things will continue to break and at a thousand bucks a hit we might want to think about getting something newer and more reliable. I've been saying for the last year or so that I was going to get a convertible mini cooper when I graduated from law school but with a baby that might not be possible (although maybe a hatchback would work). Anyway--any awesome car ideas? We want something reliable and relatively economical (but we're willing to pay more than the normal 6k or less I've paid for cars in my life...) that is actually fun, interesting, unique ....not the standard silver honda civic you see in every third space in every parking lot...

On another note--here is Harrison enjoying his newest toy--I refer to it as the "vibratey chair"



7 comments:

betsey said...

Can you at least buy a GM product so that my dad can keep his job? Thank you!

Okay, just kidding :)

I've heard good things about the Saturn Vue. It is a good size as well! Check it out!

babygonzo said...

I absolutely LOVE my hyndai Elantra. I got the base model, which has power doors and locks, brand-spankin new with a 10-year warrenty, and my payments are actually less per month that the average cost of repairs on my old car (which i owned free and clear at the end)... Joe and Alissa got the sport model with the hatchback and seem to like theirs too.

Its not exactly "interesting"... but comfy, practical, and not too shabby in the engine department as far as economy/compacts go =)

Summer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Summer said...

i just traded in my 2003 hyundai elantra hatchback (which i did love and one that served me well) for a 2009 toyota RAV4 and i L-O-V-E it!!!! you just can't go wrong with the re-sale value of a toyota.

we just got some snow here last night and dave and i took it out for a spin this morning, you couldn't even tell there was snow on the ground it handled so well.

so snow may not be a issue out there for you, but i bet you'll love putting harrison up into a car seat instead of bending down to put him in one. and there is TONS of cargo room.

check out my blog, i just posted some pics.

rachel said...

We love our freestyle but that is probably a little bigger than what you are looking for. In the car department after Colby is through we were thinking of the Chrysler 300 or the Toyota Avalon. Very sharp, yet not too pricey ya know. I love him in his new bouncy seat. I thought ours was expensive until I used it and then I thought "this is so worth it!!"

Angela said...

I have a very fun, unique and interesting 1998 red mitsubishi Eclipse I'd love to sell you. And you won't even have to pay more than you have in the past! =) ha

I love the picture of Harrison laughing in his bumbo and you having done your hair. Very cute!

Heidi Miller said...

Every time I look at your blog and think about you with your CUTE little baby I just get more and more EXCITED out of my mind to live close to you this summer. BTW, we found a place to live. It is right on 7th Street, just 3 miles down the road from J's work and since we found it through a friend (funny story) we aren't paying an arm and a leg. We are SO excited!