07 April 2009

sliding by....

I took the MPRE (ethics test you have to pass before you can practice law) awhile ago while my in-laws were in town (thankfully because otherwise I would not have studied AT ALL) and yesterday I got the email telling me my score report was ready. Cory was home for lunch and wanted to watch me open it but of course I wouldn't let him for fear of him seeing a huge YOU FAIL in red letters or something when I opened the pdf (did I mention that he opened the letter I got rejecting me for the Seattle job before me and then SEALED IT BACK UP...whatev dude..) I opened it up to reveal that I got a scaled score of 86--a google search confirmed that AZ requires a scaled score of 85--So I passed-YAY!! But BARELY!!! This just serves to remind me that I am the biggest slacker ever with respect to law school--I mean the most you could get was 150 so I got barely more than HALF! It was a pretty tough test (for multiple choice anyway) but SHEESH!!! People I know who I tend to consider less "smart" than me (and who are 2Ls) did way better. The amount of time I spend on school these days is just so sad sometimes I think I really don't even deserve a job (then of course I talk to some other law student who somehow slacks off more than me and I feel a little better about myself) ...Let this just serve as a post-it in my head saying: AMBER YOU MUST DO BETTER ON THE BAR EXAM!! YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SLIDE BY COME JULY 29!!!

2 comments:

Shalise said...

Woo hoo-a pass is a pass! Congratulations!!!!!!

gurrbonzo said...

ACK! Your parking story almost killed me. And, if you had a baby in law school we are totally kindred spirits.

If it makes you feel better, I spent 1 hour (yes, one, total, ever) preparing for the MPRE and I got an 83. And if you're wondering if I needed an 86, the answer is yes. Whoooooops.