30 April 2009

why didn't I think of this before??


So...for awhile I've wanted an herb garden. I tried growing some herbs from seeds-twice. And both times I failed. Either I'm no good at growing stuff or AZ is just too FREAKING hot (did you know we've hit 100 already..several times..). I'd love one of those nifty aero gardens but there is NO way cory is letting me spend the over $100 that would cost-yeah right :) Anyway, today I picked up a couple of herbs at target in pots-already growing. I put them in the little hanging thing over our kitchen window. Basil and Cilantro-herbs I use a LOT. They were $1.99 apiece. Even just using what is on the plants (like if they die tomorrow) this is cheaper then buying herbs in the grocery store (for the basil at least)...DUH!!!

OH YEAH and this is my new favorite enchilada recipe. I made it last Sunday. YUM

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/09/simple-perfect-enchiladas/

4 comments:

Jen Perkins said...

Good point about buying the plant being way cheaper...I'm all over that idea!

rachel said...

You're a genius!! I hadn't thought of that either. Maybe if I keep it alive it could go to Alaska with us. Amazing. Can you see Colby driving to Alaska with our basil plant? Thanks for the awesome idea!

Unknown said...

hahahaaa I can imagine that!!
I once drove from phoenix to provo with some old dried up flowers..but alaska is much further and they were already dead

Shalise said...

I love your herbs-I've had a serious problem with keeping plants alive here and I love them. And I'm happy to state that I was able to sample those enchiladas-thanks for the invite Pambs!!